Canoe Lakewater - Basic Tandem
This course is $30. Please register online now to secure your spot. You will not pay until two weeks before the course date when you receive an email reminder and invoice.
Start all your paddling adventures with this introductory course. Whether you are a first-time paddler or with some prior experience, discover the essential skills, manoeuvres and knowledge to safely paddle a tandem (two-person) canoe, either from the bow (front) or stern (back).
• Canoes, paddles, PFDs and other gear
• Paddling positions and boat trim
• Launching and landing
• Forward, stopping and reverse paddling
• Basic turns while paddling forward
• Spins and sideslip manoeuvres
• Storing and waterproofing gear
• Canoeing safety guidelines and equipment
• Handling waves and wind
• Capsizes and rescues (Wet/Dry suit recommended)
Our certified instructors deliver the Recreational Canoeing Association of British Columbia’s (RCABC) Basic Tandem course in a full-day session held on the Gorge waterway near the VCKC clubhouse.
All canoeing gear can be provided, however you are encouraged to bring your own equipment if you have it.
You must be a club member to take a course, you will not be able to register until you have logged into the website.
Course-specific details will be sent by the instructor before the course.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the VCKC Canoe Director - email@example.com